Saturday 8 March 2008

Malaysia Election Day - 8 March

Today is my country's election day. I went to the election hall with a blank mind. Until I received 2 sheet of papers with some names on it, and I'm standing in front of a table, covered with box fences. I'm thinking, who should I vote? What do I know about the individual and the party itself? What do I know about Malaysia's politics?

To my regret, I do not know enough to confidently vote anyone. I put down my choice with my limited understanding. After I walked out from the hall, I feel abit regret of the choice I made, "best" still I'm going to stuck with it for 5 years. Great..

Do I want to be more involved as a Malaysian? I asked myself. If so, the next 5 years I should start observe the government, the parties, the politics of this country. Otherwise, if I'm still in Malaysia in the next coming election, I'm going to face the same situation again - simply vote.

That's definitely not going to happen.

No comments: