Saturday 24 May 2008

A blessed wedding...

It's 5pm here and it's raining now. Looking outside the windows, whole scenery somehow turned greyish blue with little brown peach trying to steal the main character of the scene, not too strong, very light brown peach. Wanted to relax under the weather but the smell of the rain isn't the same anymore. Where has the smell of the rain gone? I missed the nice smell of the rain...

This afternoon I went to attend Joshua and Lee Yee's wedding, conducted 3 songs at the church wedding ceremony. During the last song, which is the most difficult one, I accidentally push off the score stand at a Fortissimo part. Definitely not the right time to steal the bride and bridegroom's limelight! But then, somehow the fall of the score stand creates loud bang and caught many attention towards my direction.
Got panicky a little, thanks to the pianist, she laughed, that calms me down somehow.

I got back to the beat and continue conducting without the stand and scores. The memorization of the scores eventually put to a test! Choir members are steady. We manage to get to the end of the song smoothly. Phew! Now trying to recall, I didn't know what happened. A choir member told me my hand touched the score and the whole stand just fall off. So, I must have done the Fortissimo stronger than I thought!

Thinking back of my conducting experience, pushing off the score stand is the first time it happened during an actual conducting session. Some might thought that I do it purposely to create more "emotion"! Yeah, actually fortissimo can be quite intense but then ... it's not a bad idea too to be more expressive!


Definitely something to learn... either keep a distance from the stand or make sure I kick the stand real hard so that it fly away! No.. that can be dangerous. My teacher will sure scold me to have such thought! Well, anyhow, I'm glad that another story has added to my conducting life, a good one to laugh at too.

Lastly, I wish Joshua and Lee Yee a wonderful life together and may the life after marriage brings lot of stories that could bless others in their circle of life, continue to shine as a body of Christ...

No comments: